Thursday, October 27, 2011

Made It!

The few days with very little food worked wonders! I got there early, weighed in at 164 pounds! Yay! The limit for my 67 inches is 167 lbs. I stood up tall when I was measured and the guy spotted me at 68"... which would have given me even more leeway. Don't know what the limit is for that... 172 or something. Don't understand that though... it's not like a person's height changes. You'd think that piece of data would be kept in the record. Oh, well!

In other exciting news, I filled out and turned in a brand new holiday stand-down leave request. The first one I filled out was based on September's Leave & Earnings Statement (LES). So I went to the SRC (student resource center) and printed the October LES (2nd floor), got a new form from admin (1st floor), picked up my previous printed-out itinerary from the classroom (3rd floor), got my duty section's watchbill coordinator's signature (2nd floor), then returned to admin, filled out a "counseling chit" because I have a little less leave than I'm taking (10.5 days at this point for the 17 day leave, but I will make it up by January though), and then finally turned it in. God bless it.

And this LES is very exciting... it has my first Basic Housing Allowance (BAH), and that for San Diego too. This is since I'm now a married E-4... and it comes out to around $1,900 a month for that alone, and was back-dated to September 17th. Apparently, half is paid on the 1st (this LES), and half at mid-month.

Otherwise, today we studied a bit more. Had some review questions... and tomorrow is our test. Yay! Won't have time to discharge the information over the weekend. Especially with the PRT (curl-ups, push-ups & run) on Monday around 0800.

No comments:

Post a Comment