Wednesday, October 26, 2011

More of the Same...

Monday was the first day without living on base... !!! And of course, I forgot my badge at home when I changed out the t-shirt and socks from my backpack. I biked there in my PT uniform, worked out... I've starting bench-pressing in an attempt to help my pushups. And running on the elliptical trainer (1.5 miles in 12:30, averaging 7.5 mph). Did the same workout Tuesday after school... we got out early. But during class I managed to get through most of a lecture in my note-taking. Hibbard and I started off the day with the first lab, but other than that it was hang out time (for most of the class) while the teacher did labs with everyone by twos.

Tuesday's quarters is at 0730, so I had to get there early. Got there early for breakfast, driving the car this time (left my bike on base on Monday since I didn't feel like changing back into PT clothes... my boots won't fit into the stirrups). Checked out of my barracks room and turned in my key. No more staying there for me. Then I did extra study for 2 full hours, catching up on lots of notes during the quiet. Lunch break, then class for like what seemed like forever. And I did do the next lab with Hibbard just before he let us go. Finished taking the notes! Yay!

Today, I got there just on time before noon. Just study time... I asked my shipmates questions from my notes and we studied like that for nearly the first 3 hours, solid. In my haste, I forgot lunch, so I grabbed a chicken salad snack and iced tea at the NEX about 1330. Everyone got through the second lab, and STG2 Akins finished the last lecture before letting us go.

Tomorrow morning is the weigh-in for the PRT... finally! I think my stomach has shrunk a little this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment