Monday, July 11, 2011

Back At It

It was cloudy this morning for a change, though; so it was easier to work top-side. It's amazing how fast the day goes, and how utterly worn out I am by the end of it.

Did more of the same stuff as on Friday... just more. And this time I got to use the sander tool, which spins a very rough sandpaper disc very fast. I was very glad of my painter's mask and personal eye protection I got this weekend.

Falvey and Hooten worked below, and Patterson was with me today. We did a good job together. But when it was time to leave, the duty van was gone inexplicably. Apparently, the quarterdeck didn't pass on the memo to the next watch, and it wasn't reserved like our driver thought. And then we tried his car, but the battery had died. So we waited around til Baldwin (after Hooten's phone call) was able to bail us all out, jump-starting the car and taking some of us back.

Didn't get back until 1700! Even later than Friday!

I do like the galley on the ship. Today it was breaded & baked fish with veggies; tonight at the one on base, I decided to forgo meat... brussel sprouts, mixed veggies & potatoes and a roll. And today was a good day... for both breakfast on base, and lunch on the ship I had a pair of kiwi's! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment